Pandora is one of the best online music services you'll come across and, thanks to PandoraJam, you'll be able to enjoy it straight from your desktop. The application is fitted with a nice interface which displays a list of your stations, the basic playback buttons and a handy search bar. You can set the autoscrobble feature to submit your songs to Last.fm and use Growl to get popup updates on new songs in your list. PandoraJam will show status updates in Skype, Adium and iChat but not other IM clients.
PandoraJam is much more than a simple desktop application for Mac though. The program adds wireless streaming to Airport Express, which although unstable every now and then, should work well if you have a good wireless connection. You'll also be able to record songs playing in PandoraJam to play them in your iPod or iTunes. Unfortunately, since Pandora.com is now only available to the UK and US, lots of users will shy away from it and turn to Last.fm, which also provides a good desktop playback client.
PandoraJam is a desktop application for the online music service Pandora, with nice advanced features.
- supports Classic Flash version of Pandora website (and not the new HTML5 version) and will try to load the Classic Flash version
- support for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later)
- now streams music to AppleTV
- fixes a problem streaming music to some Airport Express units
- auto reloads if the app does not launch properly and thus cannot enhance the Pandora website (this means you no longer have to 'Empty Cache', quit and relaunch the app)
- auto fixing of windowing position (when sometimes Pandora website message banners caused the entire display to be shifted down)
- KNOWN ISSUE: On Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Adobe Flash Player version 10,3 repeats letter keystrokes. This affects the Flash Player when running in 32 bit mode (which is what PandoraJam runs in), but not in 64 bit mode. Downgrading to Flash Player version 10,2 eliminates the keystroke problem.